To obtain any court documents, contact the Court of Appeal – File No. C60520
July 6, 2015 – the Court of Appeal assigns a case management judge.
July 31, 2015 – Mr. Groia files his factum on the Appeal with the Court of Appeal.
September 1, 2015 – The following interveners file motions with the Court seeking permission to intervene on the Appeal:
- The Advocates’ Society,
- The Ontario Trial Lawyers Association,
- The Canadian Defence Lawyers Association,
- The Ontario Crown Attorney’s Association,
- The Attorney General for Ontario,
- The Criminal Lawyers’ Association, and
- The Canadian Civil Liberties Association.
September 4, 2015 – The motions proceed in writing. The motions are granted. Each intervener is allowed to file a factum of 20 pages or less and will be allowed to make oral submissions for 20 minutes or less (unless permitted to be longer).
September 30, 2015 – The Law Society’s factum and authorities are to be filed.
October 15, 2015 – The facta and authorities of the interveners are to be filed.
November 25, 2015 – Any reply from Mr. Groia or the Law Society to the interveners’ material is to be filed.
December 14, 15 and 16, 2015 – The Court of Appeal will hear the appeal.